Thursday 8 October 2015

German Cuisine - by Leonie in Wendlingen

In Germany the food and the way they eat it is very different. In my exchange partner's house, for breakfast I have a selection of food to choose from. It's like an all-you-can-eat buffet! I can choose from a selection of Brötchen, pretzels, yoghurt, cereal or pain au chocolat.

Breakfast in Germany

 For lunch, they usually like to eat a hot meal. When I had lunch with my host family on Sunday, I could choose from either rice or pasta to eat with chicken and vegetables. They also make their own 'Spätzle' at home, which are a bit like noodles.

Schwäbische Linsenteller - lentils, sausages and 'Spätzle'

 For dinner, they don't usually eat as much. Yesterday after going bowling, I ate several little parcel-like sausages wrapped in pasta (a regional specialty called Maultaschen). Es war sehr lecker!

Maultaschen - another Schwäbische regional specialty

Overall I have been very well fed and we will all probably be coming back slightly fatter than when we left. Emma thinks we will have to roll her onto the plane!

No comments:

Post a Comment