Wednesday 6 June 2012

MFL assistants


Karoline from Germany, Matthieu from France and María from Spain
It's almost time to say good-bye to our fantastic Foreign Language Assistants, who have helped classes from year 7 to sixth form over the last nine months, taking small groups out of lessons for extra speaking practice and teaching pupils about cultural aspects of their home countries.

Here is what they have written about their stay with us: (try to understand the Spanish and German before you scroll down for the translation...)


Il est très dur pour moi de résumer ces deux années à Tomlinscote. En effet j’ai eu la chance de pouvoir faire deux  années en tant qu’assistant de langues et cela pour mon plus grand plaisir. Les élèves, les professeurs m’ont permis de m’épanouir totalement dans ce poste, qui était totalement nouveau pour moi, de découvrir tous les jours quelque chose de nouveau et j’ai apprécié chaque minute de ces deux années. Tout  était donc de mon côté, pour essayer d’éclaircir certains points de culture ou de grammaire française, qui parfois peuvent être durs à comprendre pour les non-francophones. Et c’est le cœur lourd et la tête pleine de souvenirs que je quitte Tomlinscote.
Il ne me reste qu’à dire un grand merci à Tomlinscote et plus spécialement au département de langues et aux élèves.

Matthieu

Ser una asistente de conversación ha sido una experiencia maravillosa. E incluso más en Tomlinscote! Este año he aprendido muchas cosas, he aprendido cómo los colegios ingleses funcionan, también de otros profesores y de los estudiantes! los estudiantes me han ayudado mucho con mi inglés. Y espero que ellos también hayan aprendido mucho español!

María

Dieses Jahr war ein sehr besonderes Jahr für mich und eine willkommene Abwechslung zur Universität. Da ich in Deutschland Gymnasiallehrerin für Englisch und Geographie werden möchte, war es sehr aufregend in den echten Schulalltag einzutauchen. Die neun Monate an einer englischen Schule haben es mir ermöglicht Schule aus der Perspektive eines Lehrers zu erleben und zwei sehr verschiedene Schulsysteme miteinander zu vergleichen. Ich habe durch das Zuschauen im Unterricht und das eigene Lehren viel dazugelernt und habe mich in meiner neuen Rolle sehr wohlgefühlt.  Ich hatte großes Glück in einem so großartigen Umfeld mit vielen respektvollen Schülern und hilfsbereiten Lehrern zu arbeiten. Außerdem hatte ich die Chance zu reisen und viele von Englands schönsten Orten zu entdecken.
Ich habe meinen Aufenthalt in England sehr genossen und schätze mich sehr glücklich diese Gelegenheit wahrgenommen zu haben. Ich bin mir sicher, dass ich diese Erfahrung immer als eine sehr bereichernde Zeit in Erinnerung behalten werde, die sehr interessant und nützlich gewesen ist und zur Formung meiner Persönlichkeit wie auch meines zukünftigen Berufes beigetragen hat.

Karoline

and here are the translations for you....

It is very hard for me to sum up these two years at Tomlinscote. In fact I had the chance to do two years as a foreign language assistant and it was a great great pleasure. The students, the staff allowed me to develop all my skills in this work, which was such a new experience for me, to learn something new every day and I enjoyed every minute of these two years. So it was my job to try to make grammar or cultural aspects more understandable for non French speaker. I leave Tomlinscote with a heavy heart and my mind full of memories.
So I just have to say a huge thank you to Tomlinscote, especially to the MFL department and the students.
Matthieu

Being a language assistant is a wonderful experience. And even more at Tomlinscote! This year I have learned a lot, I have learned how English schools work, from other teachers and even from students! They have helped me a lot with my English. I hope they have learned lot of Spanish as well!
María

This year has been a very special one for me and a welcome change from university! As I aspire to become a secondary school teacher of English and Geography in Germany, it has been very exciting to immerse myself into real school life. Having spent nine months at an English school, I’ve been able to experience school from a teacher’s perspective and to compare two very different school systems. I’ve gained much experience by observing and teaching lessons and found myself very comfortable in my new role. I was very fortunate to work in such a great environment with many respectful students and helpful colleagues. Additionally, I’ve also had the chance to travel and to discover many of England’s most beautiful places.
I’ve really enjoyed my stay in England and consider myself very lucky for the unique opportunity I was able to embrace. I’m sure I will always remember it as a very enriching time that has been extremely interesting, useful and that has also contributed to shape my personality and future career.
Karoline

No comments:

Post a Comment